This information from NY Intergroup:
You can change your name before joining a meeting:
- If you’re concerned about your house showing in the background, sit with your back facing a wall.
- If you’re concerned about being seen on camera at all, you can always disable your video.
- You can dial in from your phone so that only your phone number appears and no video appears.
- You can temporarily turn off your camera and turn it back on if needed.
- Use headphones if you don’t want others in your household to hear.